Retired sprinter, Usain Bolt, is self-quarantining after undergoing a COVID-19 test amid reports that he was positive for the deadly coronavirus.
Bolt announced on social media that he has taken the decision to self-isolate as he awaits the test results.
In a video posted on Twitter, the Jamaican sprinting legend said he had experienced no symptoms, but urged friends that he had been in contact with to take precautions.
"This weekend, like everybody else, I checked social media and saw social media say that I'm confirmed of COVID-19," Bolt said.
"I did a test on Saturday to leave (Jamaica) because I have work. I am trying to be responsible, so I am going to stay in and be safe. Also, I am having no symptoms. I will quarantine myself and wait on the confirmation to see what is the protocol and to see how I go about quarantining myself from the Ministry of Health.
"Until then, I will call my friends and tell them once they came in contact with me to be safe, quarantine and take it easy," said Bolt, who turned 34 on Friday said.
The world record-holder in the men's 100 and 200 metres attended a surprise party recently to celebrate his 34th birthday. According to reports some of the guest included Manchester City and England football star Raheem Sterling, Bayern Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey as well as cricket great Chris Gayle.
Bolt retired in August 2017 and made the move to soccer. He started training with several European clubs, but that career change was short-lived as Bolt failed to reach a deal with the Central Coast Mariners in Australia.
He and partner Kasi Bennet welcomed the birth of their daughter in May.